Joyce Livingston (Author) & Friends

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Grrrrr! Grumble, grumble, grumble!


I love the character Maxine! She's the symbol of the extreme! I have a brightly colored *fabric* stuffed Maxine, wearing a house coat and fuzzy slippers sitting on the ledge above my kitchen range, with one of her hands resting on the toothpick container. I get a smile on my face everytime I look at her

BUT - - - -

I'm hoping most of us aren't really like Maxine - - with a mouth that easily either gets us into trouble or carelessly causes hard feelings. Our words are like arrows and can pierce even the toughest - - and - - even though those wounds may heal - - they leave scars.

Have you or I intentionally wounded someone lately with our words? Ummm....food for thought.

Joyce Livingston, author
My newest book, THE WIDOWS' CLUB, in bookstores and on the internet now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home