Joyce Livingston (Author) & Friends

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's Tuesday already?


When I got out of bed this morning , gazed out my window (my condo is the one right behind the boat dock by the light, just left of the taller tree and that's one of my DILs in the pic), and thought over the things I'd planned to get done today, I thought - - - IMPOSSIBLE! But - the problem is - I love everything I have on my to-do list, which, of course, is always topped (after reading my Bible) with getting as much writing done on INVASION OF THE WIDOWS' CLUB (the second book in the WIDOW'S CLUB series) as soon as possible, since I always set my own personal deadline at least one month ahead of the one my publisher sets! And, I need to replant the flowers that the two horrific hail storms we had recently shredded and nearly killed out. And do this blog. And check out the ACFW blog site (wouldn't want to miss anything!). And I should go to the store and replenish my low-cal, low-fat foods or this present 8 pounds I've lost in the past 6 weeks will find their way back to whichever part of my body they came from. And---well, you don't want to know the other projects I should take care of.

Do you ever have a day when you get out of bed and ask yourself, "Well, let's see. I have this whole day ahead of me with nothing that needs to be done. What shall I do?" I don't think I've ever had one...not even when I was five years old. My personality type has to have a project going, has to succeed at something. Which actually helps now that I am a published author and have to discipline myself to plunk my bottom in that chair and write, even if there are other things I'd like to do at that moment....like BLOG!

If you could do whatever you wish today----with no feelings of quilt for taking time from the things that NEED to be done----what would you do? I've love to know.

Have a GREAT day!

Joyce Livingston, author
My newest book, THE WIDOWS' CLUB, a women's ficiton, is out now!
www.joycelivingston.com

4 Comments:

  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Chaos-Jamie said…

    Ahhh, curl up with my current book and a frappuccino and READ!!

    Then, when my head got tired, I'd go out to my imaginary sun filled garden and plant, with my unlimited funds, herbs and anything else pretty I could find that would grow in my good soil.

    But I guess, I'll go pop some popcorn for my son.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Ane Mulligan said…

    I'm like you, Joyce, I always have projects. It's just a matter of choosing one of them.

    Like today. I managed 825 words today on my WIP. I know, I know, it's not a lot, but it was all I could do. Then I worked on Novel Journey interviews, Novel Reviews reviews.

    Now I'm getting ready for my Bible Fellowship Ladies Night Out. I love this night.

    Then when I come home, I'll check out any blogs I've missed and then read for a couple of hours.

    Ain't life grand? :o))

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said…

    1. Sit outside in the spring breezes and read, read, read.

    2. Board a plane and fly to Italy, cruise to Venice, Florence, Rome, Greece.

    3. Have lunch in the top most restaurant of the Eiffel Tower

    4. Ride a mule down the Grand Canyon

    5. Scratch #4. : )

    Margo Carmichael from Margo's Moments

     

Post a Comment

<< Home