Joyce Livingston (Author) & Friends

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

MEET MY KIDS!

Here is my most prized *possession* - - my six kids. I love them dearly and wouldn't have survived the illness and loss of my precious husband Don if they hadn't *circled their wagons around me* and upheld me during that awful time, and still continue to hold me up. What a great bunch of kids. Very little trouble to *raise* and always had such a sweet spirit. The oldest four were all kindergarten age or under at the same time. I was 19 when the oldest (daughter Dawn in lower left hand corner) was born and 37 when the baby (middle lower) was born. Each has been so special in my life.

Now get this...the boys are named Matthew (upper left) Mark (upper right) Luke (lower middle) and Don (upper middle). Yep...Matthew, Mark, Luke and (haha!) DON! Instead of John. He was the first born son and named for his father. Girls - Dawn on the left and Dari on the right. These are the six children who have given me 25 (Yes, I said 25) grandchildren! (with 3 more on the way). Dari, the youngest, is the mother of 12 and has home-schooled them all.

Though many long for riches, fame, success and other things.....God has blessed me with riches far above those.....by giving me this blessed family. I am a happy, content woman because of them, and because of God's willingness to intrust them into mine and Don's care. And the best part of all? Even if I had those riches, I couldn't take them to heaven with me. But I'll see my kids in heaven, along with their sweet spouses and my grandchildren, because of God's faithfulness. I even have a granddaughter named Heaven! Honest!

Please leave a comment and tell me about your family!

Joyce Livingston, author
THE WIDOWS' CLUB, a women's fiction novel, is in stores everywhere.
www.joycelivingston.com

2 Comments:

  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger DEREK said…

    you have a beautiful family, and they have a beautiful mom!

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger GeorgianaD said…

    What a wonderful family! You have been a busy mom.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home