Joyce Livingston (Author) & Friends

Sunday, May 14, 2006

MOTHER'S DAY - what a wonderful day!



I had a wonderful Mother's Day, or should I say week? It seems each day this week has brought a phone call, email, visit, cards, flowers, plants, and on and on. Last night I was treated to dinner-out at a fancy restaurant with one of my sons and his wife. It was very special. Today has been just as wonderful as I took part in my Sunday school class by explaining What It Means To Me To Be a Mother, then attended a fabulous morning service at my church, and am currently spending time with most of my other children and grandchildren, then I am going to attend a Mother's Day Program later this afternoon at one of my daughter's church, where 8 of my grandchildren will be performing. What a joy!

But as I realize how truly blessed I am as a mother, I have to stop and think about those who are not mothers. Many not by choice, and my heart goes out to them. Some prefer to remain childless, but many long for motherhood, but it is not to be. I wish I could tell you why God chooses to leave them childless, but I don't have any magical answers. We have to remember He has promised never to fail us or leave us. We can't see the end, but we know He is in control. All I can say is - - - I am so sorry, and encourage all who are childless and who wanted children - - share that love with others. A niece or nephew, neighbor's child, a child in your church, any place else where there are children. You have so much to share. Share that love and it will come back to you one hundred fold.

I'd love to hear from about your Mother's Day. Won't you please leave a comment?

Joyce Livingston, Author of Women's Fiction

THE WIDOWS' CLUB, a Christian Novel out this month

3 Comments:

  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Ane Mulligan said…

    My Mother's Day was sweet. My son sneaked in about 2:00 AM and put a card on my coffee pot. Now before you all get up in arms about his hours :o), he's nearly 29 (on the 29th of this month) and he doesn't live at home.

    Besides being V.P. of a start-up company, he drives a limo to help out a friend sometimes. This is prom season, so he was driving the prom kids till pretty late.

    Anyway, I'm proud of him. He's a go-getter with a dynamite personality. Now if he would just meet Tiff our ACFW computer guru and get married, I'd have more grandchildren! ROFLOL

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger GeorgianaD said…

    My Mother's Day was wonderful as well. My oldest daughter took a picture of all three of my girls, and made a card for me. Your post reminds me of how thankful I am for my children.

    By the way, how on earth did you keep your sanity with six kids? You are a brave, brave woman!

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said…

    We spent the day with all our kids, between ballet recitals and school programs, dinner together and church, it was all just wonderful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home