Joyce Livingston (Author) & Friends

Friday, May 26, 2006

ON DIETING!

It's that time of year when most of us are either dieting, or cutting down on consumption, or counting calories, fat grams, or carbs.

The question I ask myself - - - - WHY DIDN'T I START THIS IN JANUARY?

And have you noticed? The things we SHOULD be eating - like fresh vegetables and fruit - are getting to be the highest priced!
Ain't there no justice? Between fruit and vegetable prices - and gas prices -what's a girl to do?

Oh, what I would give right now for a DAIRY QUEEN cherry-chocolate blizzard! Yum, yum!

Instead, I reach for my daily half of a banana - - - - ho hum!

Joyce Livingston, author
My newest book, THE WIDOWS' CLUB, a womens fiction novel is out now.
www.joycelivingston.com

2 Comments:

  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger GeorgianaD said…

    Oh Joyce, I can so relate! Sadly, even the veggies in my frig go limp before we ever use them. Why eat veggies with ice cream when there's ice cream in the house?

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Ane Mulligan said…

    Too funny! I decided I needed to change my lifestyle and eating habits. I turned Mediterranean - nuts, fruits and veggies, fish and very little meat. Have I told you my nose twitches quite nicely now?

    :o))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home