Joyce Livingston (Author) & Friends

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

OUCH!

Someone said, "My bra is now a more of a cross-your-waist bra." Ouch!

I look at those adorable, bra-less young girls in their bikinis or sheer knit shirts and think, Enjoy it while you can. Your DAY is coming!

And then I remember our trip to Australia's outback, and the Aboriginese women who entertained us with their dancing (nothing from waist up but a toothless, expressionless face), and I shudder to think they would go out in public like that. For some reason, naive tourists that we were, we hadn't expected to be *treated* to such a view! Let me tell you - we all gasped when they appeared out of the tall grass and trees and began their *performance*. What an experience. I've never seen so many ---- Um, how can I say this ---- *things* that have gone south and swung to and fro like a clock's pendulum at the sound of the beat of the drum as I witnessed that day.

My final wonder was this - - something quite profound - - When Eve got older, did her ******* go south like the women of our day? Or did God give her a special dispensation because she was the premeir woman?

Something to ponder today!

Have a great one!

Joyce Livingston, author
My latest book, THE WIDOWS' CLUB is in bookstores now!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Ane Mulligan said…

    ROFLOL!! Joyce, only you can get away with this topic. Hysterical! My hubby came into my office to see what I was laughing so hard about.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home