Joyce Livingston (Author) & Friends

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

QUILT BLOCK #13 Bradford's Beauty

Bradford's Beauty? I like that name. Sounds like a good title for a romance novel, doesn't it? And - I truly love this block. The shape, the form, and the colors! Do you like it?

As women, many of us love to do needlework and craft type things. But many of us also like to do other things that do not fall into those lines. I've become a real tool nut! No not the needles, pins, hoops type tools, but the tool-tools. Hammers, pliers, snippers, levels, stud-finders, saw horses, cordless drill - that type of tools. Where my precious husband (who is now at home with the Lord) used to do all the handyman type things and had his set of tools, I now find I am the *handywoman* and those jobs are now mine. That - or I can spend my savings having someone else do them. My sons and daughters are great about doing things for me - but I find I enjoy doing them myself. I even treated myself recently to the purchase of an electric mitresaw with laser! And a cordless nailer that will shoot 2" nails! I haven't used either of them yet (just got them) but plan to soon. I also plan to build my own workbench in my garage and add a wall of pegboard so I can organize my tools (you know-make them look pretty hanging on the wall!) Sorry, can't help it - I'm still a girly-girl at heart, even if I love power tools and what I can do with them.

Do you like power tools? Come on - tell me I'm not the only one! VBG!

Joyce Livingston, author (who should be writing right now!)

2 Comments:

  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Ann Bench said…

    you sound like me. I have tools also. After my husband died I also bought a miter saw and a few other sets of tool to keep in the house. One of my sons thought I was crazy I have built some things. like shelves in a new pantry area and a dog house. My first big projects was to build some big storage boxes that fit in a utility trailer that were were taking camping. My boy friend was amazed at my tackling this job . He helped a little. My husband had a barn full of tools and I took many of them over and use then from time to time. I am not too good at building. I am better at sewing and making quilts and right now I am into making tote bags. Fabric is not as heavy as wood LOL.
    I found your blog by accident. I was looking for the name of a quilt block and looking for the pattern. I had ask on face book about the name of the block and someone posted a link to you. The Bradford Beauty was the block. I saw it used in a quilt as a snow flake . I was looking for snowflakes. I finally drafted the block myself by looking at the photo of the quilt but until now I did not know the name of the block . Do you make quilts also. My name is Ann Bench. I live in Texas, north of Houston. my emial > bigmobar3@aol.com

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Ann Bench said…

    you sound like me. I have tools also. After my husband died I also bought a miter saw and a few other sets of tool to keep in the house. One of my sons thought I was crazy I have built some things. like shelves in a new pantry area and a dog house. My first big projects was to build some big storage boxes that fit in a utility trailer that were were taking camping. My boy friend was amazed at my tackling this job . He helped a little. My husband had a barn full of tools and I took many of them over and use then from time to time. I am not too good at building. I am better at sewing and making quilts and right now I am into making tote bags. Fabric is not as heavy as wood LOL.
    I found your blog by accident. I was looking for the name of a quilt block and looking for the pattern. I had ask on face book about the name of the block and someone posted a link to you. The Bradford Beauty was the block. I saw it used in a quilt as a snow flake . I was looking for snowflakes. I finally drafted the block myself by looking at the photo of the quilt but until now I did not know the name of the block . Do you make quilts also. My name is Ann Bench. I live in Texas, north of Houston. my emial > bigmobar3@aol.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home