Joyce Livingston (Author) & Friends

Thursday, June 15, 2006

QUILT BLOCK #15 Devil's Claw

Love this block - but I am not so sure about the name. Devil's Claw? Surely the maker could have thought of a more charming name for this charming block. Um...let's see...what else could we call it? Got any suggestions? How about Pointed Cross? Or Sandburr? Or - - - my creative mind is coming up blank. Let me hear your suggestions.

I did a strange thing this morning. Read through Chronicles in the Bible - yep - all those geneologies! But it was amazing! I can't believe how interesting it was. I'd only intended to read a chapter - but ended up reading the entire thing! How much do you know about your background? How far back can you trace it? Isn't it astounding that someone would take all that time to record generation after generation after generation? But, by knowing that, we can see the linage of Christ, and how important is was that the bloodline was preserved and recorded. I don't know if you mark your Bible up, but I sure do mine. Each time I read it through, I try to use a different color pen to make my markings. It's always surprising to see what things jump out at me one year that I'd not even noted the year before. Yeah for those who took the time to write and record History for us!

Joyce Livingston, Author

1 Comments:

  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Ane Mulligan said…

    I've never understood any of the quilt patterns' names. Nope - not a one. ;o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home