Joyce Livingston (Author) & Friends

Friday, June 16, 2006

QUILT BLOCK #16 Diamond Lily

Though this block in titled Diamond Lily, I have also seen it as Carolina Lily. I've used this same block in several of my quilts and love it. Its appearance changes so much with each color change, and it is a fairly simple block to construct. Picture it in shades of blue. Ah, that would be so pretty, with maybe a soft grey or white background. Just the thought makes me wish I had time to do quilting like I used to have - - BEFORE I became a published author. But, even if I made a new quilt, where would I store it? My closet shelves are already crammed with the 18 bedsized (mostly king!) quilts I've already made and hand-quilted! But there is nothing like sitting in your easy chair, listening to music or watching TV while your fingers work away rythmically at hand-quilting.


I hope your day is going well. Mine is - - so far. This week, I have actually written 23 new pages of manuscript on my second book in the Widows' series - - this one is THE INVASION OF THE WIDOWS' CLUB. I'm having a blast writing it. I adore these characters - - and I should put the emphasis on the word Characters - - for they have their own quirkiness - - which leads to lots of drama, fun, and adventure. Well - - speaking of my characters - - they are calling my name, shouting for me to come and finish the book! S0....I gotta go!

Thanks for looking in. More quilt blocks yet to come!

Joyce Livingston, author
Latest book, THE WIDOWS' CLUB, a women's fiction novel in stores now.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    I've admired hand-made quilts, even helped with some quilting one day at church when I visited the quilters group. Seems that now days all my crafting things have been put into the closet--knitting, scrapbooking... Then I go visit my grandmother who is 100 years old (had the party but the offical day is July 9th) and she crochets afgans for family nearly 24/7. Sure, she stops to take care of the kitchen (her domain) and cat nap (she sleeps in spurts) but 9 our of 10 times you see her, she crocheting. I think there is somethng about the industry of our hands that keeps us vital and alive. We don't know how much longer we can enjoy Grandma's company here but she has shared her faith with her family so I know I will see her again--probably crocheting an afgan for Jesus.
    You're blog of quilt squares is beautiful, Joyce. Wishing you all the best.

    Abundant blessings,

    Jenny Cary

     

Post a Comment

<< Home