Joyce Livingston (Author) & Friends

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

QUILT BLOCK #19 Friendship Star


Wow! Are these colors ever subtle! Pale, but nice, right? Friendship Star. What a neat name for a block, especially since so many of the early quilts were made by friends - for one another. I've never had a friend like that, have you? If you have, you are indeed blessed. Making a quilt, though enjoyable, is a lot of work. To make it for a friend - well, it's amazing that someone would put that kind of work into something and then give it away. Why? Because friendships can disolve overnight. I think we've all seen incidences of that. And - there goes your precious quilt. BUT, some friendships last a lifetime, so what a tribute to make out of honor for that friendship. Like we so often hear - you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives! So - the moral of this story is - choose your friends wisely so they'll be there for you year after year after year - and you for them!

Have a blessed day and write or email a friend you haven't seen for a long time.

Joyce Livingston, author

2 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger CHickey said…

    I love to quilt! Teaching myself how. I don't have as much time as I'd like, but my goal is to do as my grandmother did, and to have a quilt for each of my children made before I die. According to statistics, I have another 40 years to live! Hope I get them done.

     
  • At 5:47 AM, Blogger Ane Mulligan said…

    Beautiful colors, Joyce! Very soothing and perfect for a quilt.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home