Joyce Livingston (Author) & Friends

Monday, June 26, 2006

QUILT BLOCK #24 and TATOUAGE

Here's the block. It is called Greek Cross.


Okay, I had promised I would put a picture of my latest TATOUAGE project on my blog, for those who have no idea what TATOUAGE is! This is it! And I did it myself! Amazing, huh?

I had used Tatouage in our cabin and loved it. So did everyone who saw it. It looks like you have painted it yourself, or had someone in to do it for you. So - - when I moved into my condo - - I could hardly wait to paint the walls with fresh paint so I could a add this arch. I love Victorian-type things, as you'd see if I showed you the rest of my house. Or at least the part I have redecorated since moving in about 5 months ago. Of course, there is more to come but for now, it's back to writing!

If you are interested in TATOUAGE and leave a comment or email me telling me you are, I'll post a second picture tomorrow of the other project I've done with Tatouage. It's a gorgeous bouquet of colorful flowers in a cobalt blue vase - - one of my favorite Tatouage pieces and fairly large. And believe me - if I can do this - anyone can! VBG!

Now about the quilt block. I know - - I missed adding one Sunday, but Sunday was a very busy day, like I'm sure it was for all of you, however, I did manage to put the final touches on that Tatouage arch late Sunday afternoon, so I was all finished! What a feeling to see it finally up on my wall.

Joyce Livingston, author

7 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Lena Nelson Dooley said…

    Interesting.

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    I'd love to know more about tatouage. It isn't stenciling or freehand painting, huh? Please tell more.
    Abundant blessings,
    Jenny Cary

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Kristin Billerbeck said…

    Ooh I love it, it looks so inviting and really warms up the room! Kristin

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said…

    Beautiful! I'll have to try it.

    I received _The Widow's Club_ today. Thank you for offering it. Can't wait to read it.

    And you sent it in that box with the beautiful pictures of chocolate fudge-filled ice cream sandwiches! I had to go eat a piece of my last Trader Joe's Pound Plus (that would be me!)Dark Chocolate from Belgium bar which I imported from Tucson, you temptress, you! : )

    Hugs!

     
  • At 5:06 AM, Blogger Cindy Woodsmall said…

    It's absolutely gorgeous. I'm with Jenny, I'd love to know more about how you did this.

     
  • At 5:09 AM, Blogger Cindy Woodsmall said…

    I LOVE it, and I'm with Jenny--I'd like to know more about how it's done.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home