Joyce Livingston (Author) & Friends

Friday, July 21, 2006

Quilt Block Lone Star and Cookie Jars

Hi, again!
At the left, you will see one of the pics I had hoped to share each day with those who visit my blog. It is a pic of just a few (4 and one half of the 5th if you look closely) of my *purse* cookie jar collection. I had planned to show you one each day, as well as other pics of my condo as I am redecorating it. In the works is a major bathroom renovation which will be happening over the next month or so. BUT - - - so far, only 6 people have emailed me that they are interested in home decorating and would like to see the pics. SOOOOOOO - I have decided not to do it. But - - to give you an idea of what I had in mind, I put up this cookie jar pic. I have found most folks have never heard of these cookie jar purses before, but everyone who comes in my house goes gaga over them. 'Nuff said!

Today's quilt block is Lone Star, a very popular block long ago, as well as now. Isn't it beautiful? It's fairly hard to piece, for a beginner, but if you are careful, it can be done. The results are well worth the effort.

Thanks for stopping by - - - hope you'll stop back soon!
Joyce Livingston, Author








2 Comments:

  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    Hi Joyce,

    I'm disappointed you have decided not to show your pictures.

    Your cookie jar purses are adorable.

    Thanks for showing them.

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    Love the pics of the cookie jars. It is great to see how most quilters respect what my 30+ daughter calls "old things". I love to collect tea pots, old and new. Glad to see a well known person how does quilting (means you have fabric more than what would be needed for a currant project), and who collects too. One of my quilt friends collect chicken items. Her whole house is now chickenized. All us friends love to buy her chickens wherever we find them. Would love to see the rest of your condo decorating, it gives insight to you as a person, plus ideas for the rest of us.

    Liz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home